If you are like many women, the appearance of your butt is a priority. You want to look good no matter what you are wearing. Whether you are wearing jeans, a skirt or that bikini you bought for this summer, you want your butt to look firm and uplifted. With a little added hard work and exercises to your regular workout routine, you too can have a butt that demands notice.
Characteristics of the Best Butt Workouts
There are many butt workouts available, either online, on DVD or fitness classes. When deciding which one is the best for you, keep the following basic characteristics in mind when making your selection.
- Exercises should be slow and deliberately target the butt.
- Repetitions should start out at your level of fitness, then slowly increase.
- The exercises should make your butt muscles fatigued, without causing pain.
Added Benefits of Butt Workouts
Besides making your backside look fetching, there are added benefits of adding a butt exercises to your existing workout.
- When the muscles of the butt are strong, it can help support your back when proper lifting mechanics are used.
- A strong butt can help you when playing such sports as tennis, softball and swimming.
Exercises That Should Be in the Best Butt Workouts for Women
While there are many exercises that will work the gluteus maximus, or butt muscles, there are three that should be found in every butt workout.
- Squats – Stand straight and tall, with feet slightly apart. Slowly bend so that your thighs and butt are parallel to the floor, being careful not to overextend your knees. Hold for 2 counts, then slowly stand up. Repeat the exercise for 15 repetitions to start. Increase the setas are you feel ready.
- Bridge – Lie on your back with your knees bent. Lift your butt off the floor until your body is in alignment with your knees. Tighten the butt muscles. Release and repeat the exercise for 15 repetitions to start. Increase the sets as you feel ready.
- Donkey Kicks – Get down on your hands and knees, keeping your back straight and abdominal muscles tight. Slowly raise one leg with knee bent using your butt muscles and hold for 2 counts. Slowly bring the leg back down. Alternate legs, repeating the exercise 15 times for each one. Increase the sets as you feel ready.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Workout
Many of the Brazilian women you see on television seem to have butts that most of us would almost kill to have. What’s their secret? Is it genetics, the water or some Brazilian herb that makes their butts look so great? It is none of these. They just incorporate certain exercises into their workout routines that target and lift their butts. The most popular and well-known of these exercises is the Brazilian butt lift.
There are many workout DVDs and classes that use these exercises, but there is one particular exercise that will lift even the flabbiest of butts. It can be performed on the ground, on a balancing ball or a workout bench. Do the following steps 2 times for 15 repetitions to start
- Lie on your stomach with legs extended straight out..
- Using your butt muscles, lift your legs up and hold for 2 counts.
- Slowly lower your legs to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise.
Take Steps to Avoid Injury
As with any exercise, you need to make sure you take steps to ensure that you stay injury-free.
- If an exercise hurts, stop doing it. Burning and muscle fatigue is normal. Pain is not!
- Always protect your joints and back. Learn the proper alignment for each exercise to prevent injury.
- If you have any medical conditions, injuries or concerns, make sure you are cleared by your doctor to exercise.
If you want a firm, tight rear end, try adding a few of these or other butt firming exercises to your routine. With consistency and perseverance, you too can have a butt that will not quit!